Pathways Academy of Technology and Design Magnet School recognizes the contribution that physical activity and sports provide in a high school student’s life and how they foster personal enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction. As a small, technology concentrated school does not lend itself to having athletic teams. However, under CIAC regulations, all magnet school students are eligible to participate in their sending districts’ interscholastic athletic programs as long as a sports program is NOT in existence at the magnet school.
If a Pathways student is interested in participating in sports at his/her sending high school, the following information should be considered:
- It is the responsibility of the student and his/her parents to make contact with the sending high school.
- Students must know and adhere to the following information in order to participate at the sending high school:
- Parents must provide transportation to their sending school – transportation is NOT provided by Pathways Academy of Technology and Design
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact the sending school’s Athletic Director to get information on athletic programs and practice schedules.
- All students must meet eligibility requirements (C or better in all classes as of the most recent report card or progress report)
- A parent permission form from the sending school must be turned in to the coach prior to the first practice.
- All students must obtain a note from a doctor verifying their fitness to participate.
- An early dismissal form must be completed and turned in to Pathways Academy of Technology and Design before a student will be allowed to leave the building for early practices or games.
In order for a student to be eligible for a fall sport in any given school year, the student must have met CIAC eligibility based on final grades from the previous year.