The department of Volunteer Services at Hartford Hospital is offering an exciting volunteer opportunity for students who may be considering a career in healthcare. We are looking for students who are driven to help others and would like to learn more about how a hospital functions.
- -Must be 14 – 18 years of age (or will turn 14 by June 25th)
- -Be available at least 6 of the 8 week program (June 25th through August 17th)
- -Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (B average)
- -Be available for one 8-hour shift per week (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) or two 4-hour shifts per week (8 a.m.-noon or 12-4 p.m.) Monday through Friday for a minimum total of 48 hours
- -Will be required to attend at least one educational session during the summer. Educational opportunities may include:
- -Discussion about planning for a medical career
- -A tour of the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation
- -A Mental Health First Aid Training class
- -And much more....
A Parent/Student Information session will be held at Hartford Hospital on Tuesday, February 13th from 6:00-7:00 p.m. (snow date Wednesday February 14th). Registration is required by emailing Eileen.Pelletier@hhchealth.org. Students who attend will receive a link to the application before it is available online. Attendance at the Informational Session is not required to apply for the program. All those who cannot attend will be able to apply on our website beginning February 20th.
Please note that we will only be accepting a maximum of 100 applications.
Download the flier