Industry Advisory Board
The Pathways Academy Industry Advisory Board serves as advisors to Pathways Academy of Technology and Design. The board includes business partner co-chairs, along with a NAF affiliate, parents, teachers, and higher education and business partners with backgrounds in curriculum development, teaching, and fiscal expertise.
The primary role of the Board is to provide industry-based guidance in the accomplishment of Pathways’ vision. The Board is a resource for mentors, internships, experiential learning, curriculum advice, as well as current industry needs.
Business Partners Represented on the Advisory Board:
- ADPI, LLC
- American Eagle Federal Credit Union
- Capital Workforce Partners
- Esteem Manufacturing
- Goodwin College
- Open Solutions, Inc.
- Pratt & Whitney
- Slalom Consulting
- Tata Consultancy Services
- TEK Systems
- The Hartford Insurance Company
- Travelers Insurance Company
- United Way of Connecticut
Areas of Advisory Board Involvement:
- Initiate the creation of internships for 100 students during the spring and summer of 2017
- Support classroom teachers with presentations and lessons
- Provide curriculum support for project management skills
- Mentor students on resume building and interviewing skills
- Speak and present at numerous career events to support developing resume, interview, and networking skills
- Created scholarship fund for graduating Pathways seniors
- Participate in school Open House events to assist in recruiting prospective students
- Individual members assisted with financial support of several Pathways' initiatives and trips
- Provide computer and networking hardware for the school.
Download our Industry Advisory Board Information Sheet
If you are interested in getting involved with Pathways Academy through the Industry Advisory Board or volunteering yourself or your company other work-based learning activities, please fill out the below form and we will be in touch with you soon.