The mission of the school counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students. Counselors will work with educators, parents or guardians, and the community to facilitate a support system, ensuring that all students at Pathways Academy of Technology and Design are prepared to perform at the highest level and become contributing members of society.
School counselors will:
- Provide individual planning sessions and classroom guidance lessons to students in the areas of academic planning and success, career awareness and social/emotional development in accordance with planned objectives for grade level.
- Conduct structured, goal-oriented counseling sessions in systematic response to identified needs of groups of children. Themes include: academic skill building, social skill development, career awareness, conflict resolution, family issues, making healthy choices, etc.
- Provide information and skills to parents, school staff, administration and the community to assist them in helping students in academic, career and personal/social development.
- Take a leadership role in the infusion of counseling content into the curriculum, staff development and parent education programs.
- Assist parents in addressing school related problems and issues. Refer students and their parents, as needed, to appropriate specialists, special programs and/or outside agencies.
- Inform students and their parents as to pertinent test results and their implications for educational and career planning.
- Promote the liaison and coordination of school activities and resources and communicate between and among home, school, community agencies and business and industry.
- Plan and coordinate programs such as career and college fairs, scholarships, and other extensions of the counseling curriculum.
- Design, deliver, evaluate and revise a planned sequential and developmentally appropriate school counseling curriculum to include lessons in academic success, career awareness and planning and personal/social growth and understanding.
- Systematically develop and evaluate planning for high school and post high school on an annual basis through individual planning which results in a written career/educational plan for each student.
- Plan, implement, maintain and evaluate the systems necessary for the support, maintenance and improvement of the school counseling program.
- Articulate the school counseling program to students, parents, teachers staff and community.
School Counseling Assignments
Ms. Kim Bennett
Student Assignments: Last names A-L
Ms. Christine Chamberland
Student Assignments: Last names M-Z