An industry expert from CU Student Choice will present practical information during this interactive seminar to guide parents and students through the college financing process. They will discuss the cost of college, FAFSA, and Federal Aid, out-of-pocket costs, private loan options, understanding your financial aid award letter, and more. Wednesday, May 18th, 2016 at the Rivertfront Community Center, 300 Welles Street, Glastonbury at 5:30pm Register online at americaneagle.org/events
On May 14th, Pathways will be hosting the 2nd annual ROOTS Conference for all 6-12 Hartford Public School Students. This conference, hosted at SMSA last year, is a trans formative youth conference which stresses the importance of self-advocacy and the power of our own voices. ROOTS, Realizing Our Own True Strengths, is a full day conference, 8-4PM. It's free for any students that apply. Breakfast and lunch is provided, as is transportation for all Hartford residents. Click on the title for registration details.
Entrepreneurs from Mr. Griffin's NFTE class will be presenting at Achieve Hartford's Gala Event - Inspire Hartford 2016 on Wednesday, May 4th at the XL Center. Senior, Jesus Medina, and juniors, Stephen Pawlak, Tiyah Thompson, Dana Harvey, Ymari Rigby, Muneeb Ali, and Jordan Charlow will be presenting their business plans. For more information on the event, check out inspirehartford.com
Junior Stephen Pawlak took first place last night, Thursday, April 28th, in the Business Plan Competition Finals from Mr. John Griffin's NFTE/Small Business Management Class. His business' MeToo was ranked the highest from the panel of judges who came to evaluate all of the students' plans. The sophomore team, Muneeb Ali and Jordan Charlow took second place with Utune; senior, Joseph Sperduto in third place with Update Mod; and junior Tiyah Thompson in fourth place with Stem Ball. The top four students will be going on to the Regional Finals at Babson College on May 25. Good luck!
Pathways Academy of Technology and Design received a Bronze Medal from the recent U.S. News and World Reports' Best High Schools rankings. U.S News reviewed 19,908 schools across the country, and 3,545 schools received a Bronze medal, The evaluation consists of analyzing students' performance on required state tests, their graduation rates, and their college readiness.
Alexis Alvarado shares, "This internship has opened me up more for seeing the life of a manufacturing business. From the first day I walked in, I saw all of the equipment you can learn to use, and I was amazed!" Click the picture to read more about our five student interns at AdChem!
Pathways Academy Leadership Summit 2016 was held at Goodwin College. An event for all Juniors, it was a day to prepare for upcoming internships and the transition to the professional world. As a National Academy Foundation (NAF) school, Work-Based Learning is a key part of the curriculum at Pathways. Click the picture to read more!
Pathways Academy empowers its diverse community of students to become active participants in our global, technology-driven society.
- SunMay01 Robotics Team at FIRST World Championships St. Louis, Missouri
- SunMay01 Junior Class Clothing Fundraiser 8:00 AM to 2:00 PMPathways Academy of Technology and Design
- TueMay03 AP Computer Science Exam 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- TueMay03 Themed Project Portfolio Preparation in Advisory 1:35 PM to 2:15 PM
- WedMay04 AP Lit & Comp Exam 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- WedMay04 Inspire Hartford: Achieve Hartford Gala Event 5:00 PM to 7:00 PMXL Center
- ThuMay05 AP Calculus Exam 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- ThuMay05 Themed Project Portfolio Preparation Day in Advisory 1:35 PM to 2:15 PM
- MonMay09 AP Biology Exam 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- TueMay10 Themed Project Portfolio Presentation Practice in Advisory 1:35 PM to 2:20 PM
- ThuMay12 Themed Project Portfolio Presentation Practice in Advisory 1:35 PM to 2:15 PM
- FriMay13 Mrs Fitzgerald on a field trip to Aetna with 10 students 7:30 AM to 2:00 PMAETNA Insurance Farmington Avenue, Hartford